Monday, May 30, 2011

Why I like geocaching?

Last year I bought a phone that had an internal GPS receiver. I decided that I would try geocaching. It sounded like a hobby that I might like. And boy, did I get hooked. In my mind geocaching is the awesomest hobby in the world. Here are a few reasons why:
  1.  First of all you get to spend time out doors. No need to spend time in those dusty gyms. Being  outdoors also means that you can observe the changes that spring, summer, autumn and winter bring. 
  2. You can cheat yourself to do exercise. It is easy to spend couple of hours walking and get a good aerobic work out. If you like you can run while going from cache to cache. 
  3. Besides physical exercise, you get also some exercise for those grey brain cells. Some of the geocaches can be tricky to find and you really need to think where the cache is hidden.
  4. Also, if you're a bit childish like me, the idea that you are doing something secretive is really exciting.
More about this very exciting hobby can found at geocaching.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment