Sunday, June 21, 2009

The Tonight Show with Conan "Coco" O'Brien

Now that Conan's new show has been runnig for couple of weeks and I've seen more than one show I want to share with you what I think about The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.

First of all I was really excited about the new show and my expectations were really high. However I knew that the new show would not have as much of the dark humor and dirty jokes as LNWCO that I grew up with. The first couple of shows were clearly not that funny. They were trying to do a more cleaner version of Late Night but it was not working. Sometimes I felt that they were trying to replace the dirty jokes with just being silly and that is what they ended up with, something silly that was not at all funny.

I think that the show has been working a bit better for the last five shows mainly because they have brought back the same kind of comedy as in Late Night. The show will propably loose some of its older viewers but what can you do. Interview with William Shatner was the same kind of over the top humor as in Late Night and it was one the first times since the new show started airing that I have been really laughing.

But still I think there are lot of things they need to improve. The monologue is too long and the stupid pre-filmed jokes they show are not that funny. I also hate the Twitter Tracker bit, its totally brainddead joke. I do not see what part of it should be considered funny. I just hope that the show starts to feel more real. Now it looks like all the jokes are written in advance and have been approved by the network executives.

Anyhow I hope all the best for Conan's show and that they get their act together.

No comments:

Post a Comment