Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Battlestar Galactica Online

I found a great I new MMO. Battlestar Galactica Online is a game based on the universe of Battlestar Galactica. The game is a played in space and at the beginning you can choose a raptor or the legendary viper MKII as your ship. You can buy other ships as you advance in the game. The range of ships is pretty large and the biggest ships are giant juggernauts that can destroy almost any ship. This means that the biggest battles in BSGO are fights between two giant fleets consisting of large command ships, support ships that are focused on electronic warfare and fighters like vipers and raiders. The list of ships can be seen here.

I had a bit of trouble at first. I created a profile on the server Sagittoron and exited the game without doing the right log out procedure which caused my profile to crash and I can't enter the server any more. I do not if the fault is in the game or in my browser. Luckily I did not get too far. Now I am playing on the Virgon server. It turned out that entering the full browser mode in Firefox caused the game to freeze. I had to install Chrome and you that as the browser to play the game. On Chrome the game works perfectly.

I must say that I enjoy flying a viper. It just feels so cool. The basics of the game can be learned quite easily but the there seems to a lot of strategic details that you need to take into account when you advance in the game. I encourage you to give this game a try. It is wonderful.

Battlestar Galactica Online


Colonial outpost and my Viper

No comments:

Post a Comment